Fond du Lac, WI, US
|Job Title||Data Developer II|
|Home Department:||Information Technology|
|Employment Status:||Exempt; Full-time|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Telecommuting Opportunity and/or Corporate office|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an experienced Data Developer to join our team! Knowledge of the P&C Insurance Industry is a plus. This position works to create programs and procedures that extract, transform, and load data from diverse sources into our system. This position will use a varied tool set to build automated processes to sustain cloud and on-premise data repositories. These data repositories are used to support regulatory reporting and data transfer as well as facilitate business intelligence, data analytics, and data warehouse projects. This position supports data development for new and existing applications.
About the Role
- Using ETL, develop, implement, and support data warehouses, data marts and data analysis solutions.
- Design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to provide complex software enhancements for data objects, databases, data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop ETL package/functions to extract, transform and load source to target stores.
- Participate in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Leverage the Microsoft stack of Business Intelligence (BI) tools including SSIS, Power BI, Power BI Report Builder and Power Shell
- You are a self-starter and take a lead role to improve or enhance a product or service.
- You easily recognize relationships between concepts and apply learning form one context to another.
- You are curious and want to know more about things, people, or issues.
- You’re a team player.
- You like to have FUN!
What it Will Take
- Associates degree in a technology related field with a minimum of 4 years of development experience.
- Understanding of ETL, data warehouse, business intelligence design principles and use of their tools
- Strong SQL skills and a fundamental knowledge of logical database principles.
- Experience developing database stored procedures.
- Experience working with UNIX commands and shell scripting.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.