Job Title: Deli 3rd Shift Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Deli Manager
Deli Clerks have the opportunity to improve the breakfast, lunch and dinner tables of our guests by providing a wide variety of delicious meal options.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist guests with locating items on or off the sales floor
- Receives, prepares and fulfills guest orders and other special requests
- Provides excellent guest services by professionally answering Deli Department telephone
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues by practicing the boomerang principal
- Ensures high standard quality control by inspecting, rotating, maintaining proper temperatures and replenishing all deli products on display
- Maintains proper inventory levels in Deli storage (containers, lids, spoons, tags, etc.)
- Maintains food safety logs and leads by example through following
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Full range of upper body motion
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
The Deli 3rd Shift Clerk is an hourly position
The shift to be worked will vary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Founded in 1946 as Skogen’s IGA, Festival Foods is a Wisconsin family- and employee-owned grocer that is committed to giving back to the communities it serves and to providing guests with exceptional service and value. The company, which began operating as Festival Foods in 1990, employs more than 8,000 full- and part-time associates and operates +40 full-service supermarkets across the state of Wisconsin.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.