Job Title: Deli Hot Bar Cook
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Maintains stock levels in the deli department by replenishing products as needed. Execute the boomerang theory by providing exceptional service to all guests.
Hot Bar Cooks create more time for guests to relax and enjoy time with family by creating hot & delicious, grab and go options in the Deli.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for
- Take orders or special requests for the hot bar
- Quality Control
- Ensures hot bar is ready for guests at 10am
- Condenses or refills as needed
- Fills everything when needed
- Cleans off counter often
- Takes temperatures of food
- When filling, making sure to keep everything fresh and rotated
- Ensures that shrinking of items is done properly
- Labels items clearly for guests
- Garnishes hot bar, making everything looking presentable
- Does all prep for hot bar
- Fried chicken, wedges, french-fries, etc.
- Boils soups
- Puts together items for night shift hot bar to use as well as the next day
- Entire case must be kept clean and organized
- Wipes down hot bar and soups on a frequent basis
- Communicates with night shift hot bar
- Conveys to night time hot bar instructions on how to cook the food, which items need to be saved, and which items need to be shrunk
- Required to maintain food safety logs.
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Knowledge of perishable food
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, dishwasher, baler, oven, trash compactor, fryer, hot bar, soup holders, stove top, cook and hold, blaster, chiller etc.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Must be self-motivated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to handle working at fast speeds
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Hot Bar position is a part time or full time hourly position
Festival Foods serves guests in 40 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we’re not simply selling groceries, we’re on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our “Boomerang Principle”–empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will “Bring the Customer Back”. We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.