Working at Moraine Park Technical College is much more than a job. It’s an opportunity to help influence the future of higher education. At MPTC, we are in a unique position to impact our district communities, and we work diligently to hire candidates with aligned values and extensive skillsets to help move the mission of Moraine Park forward.
Moraine Park Technical College is seeking a limited term employee as College Advisor for the Department of Corrections on our Fond du Lac Campus. We are seeking a student centered individual to establish and maintain contact with DOC students in assigned program area(s) to provide admissions, financial aid, registration, enrollment, and general academic assistance. This position will also focus on retention by supporting students through referrals to appropriate College support services.
This position is funded by a Bureau of Justice Assistance Grant (BJA) until September 30, 2026.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Sociology, Human Services, Business or a related field, along with three years of related occupational experience in a post-secondary educational setting. It would be a plus if you had Global Career Development Facilitator training. Having familiarity with the needs of our two-year college students and the DOC would be amazing!
Join us at Moraine Park Technical College, where we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our students!
This position will be posted until filled with an initial review of candidates on November 7, 2023.
- Work with Department of Corrections (DOC) employees to solicit interest in MPTC programming offered at correctional facilities. Work with prospective students at correctional facilities to review steps in the admissions and financial aid process. Work with students to complete enrollment processes. Collaborate with employees in Admissions and Financial Aid to ensure a smooth enrollment process for students in correctional facilities.
- Assist new and returning accepted students in developing and updating their educational plans. Provide information and assistance regarding program offerings, program qualifications, course placement, adult and general education, course content and selection, pre-requisites, transfer opportunities, and graduation requirements.
- Assist students with administrative and program processes such as Financial Aid, veteran’s tuition assistance, scheduling, registration, payments, course withdrawal, and books/materials acquisition in compliance with DOC standards. Refer student questions or concerns regarding policies, procedures, and academic standards to the appropriate units, tracking questions to ensure student follow-up. Provision books to students at the DOC facilities.
- Provide career information and assistance to accepted students interested in changing their program or transferring upon program completion. Utilize the student information systems to maintain student records; maintain time and effort reports, and client report students per WTCS guidelines.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of ERP systems, video communication platforms, and general software applications, including Microsoft Office 365 (Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with end users, colleagues, and management to provide a complete and timely explanation of issues and decisions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make sound decisions with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments.
Hiring Range: $24.83 – $29.21
Remote/Hybrid/In-Office: Limited work from home upon approval.
Hours/Schedule/: Academic Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (37.5 hours), Summer Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (34 hours)
Benefits information: Please click here for a summary of our benefits.
Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action College. Women, minorities, those with different abilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit morainepark.edu/nondiscrimination.