Location: Waupun, WI, US
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world’s largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Design Engineer. The Design Engineer supports and manages the design of new products from sales inquiry to production release through feasibility reviews, part and tooling design, capacity analysis, and customer relations.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Analyzes equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine the feasibility of producing new product with new or existing manufacturing equipment and/or methods.
- Determines the feasibility of manufacturing new product through the use or modification of existing tooling and or equipment taking into consideration cost, available space, time limitations, capacity, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning design and processing techniques, material properties, process advantages and limitations, and their respective effect on the long term goals of the organization.
- Confers with appropriate personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop designs.
- Confers with relevant internal team members and/or outside vendors/contractors as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to other uses.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies knowledge of manufacturing, internal processes, and capacities of equipment to resolve process issues and improve performance.
- Gather, organizes, analyze, and report on data as needed
- Participate in necessary training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements/Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe and healthy environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the management systems.
- Must be able to work independently.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Attendance is required.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior metrology experience preferred. Experience in a powder metal manufacturing setting preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read to read and write English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagrams or schedule form.
- Able to work independently and with other members of the Engineering Department and co-workers involved in the production process. Must have an understanding of computer operations and relevant software. Familiarity Cad-Cam software preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.