Employment Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Core Hours: Hours are subject to change based on customers’ demands
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to setup and operate the die cutter accurately to ensure the quality of products produced meets customers’ specifications.
- Packing of product by counting number of pieces, stripping, labeling, checking for quality defects, and placing product into a box, carton, or on pallets
- Complete paperwork accurately and efficiently
- Set up cutting dies (registration)
- Make ready dies
- Apply matrix
- Maintenance of die cutter (lubrication)
- Housekeeping – Tour Ready Daily
- Proficient in set-up and operation of die cutting machine
- Maintain established machine rates for pieces produced per hour
- Must be able to work with all different levels and types of people.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to ready a tape measure.
- Must be a self-starter and have a mechanical aptitude.
- Must exhibit the following competencies:
- Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quantity of Work: Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps team adequately informed.
- Dependability: Responds to request from supervisor and team. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines.
- Teamwork: Establishes and maintains effective relations. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit and puts success of team above own interests.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving production efficiencies.
- Initiative: Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities and seeks increased responsibilities.
- Planning and Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. Meets goals and objectives.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands. Accepts criticism and feedback. Changes approach on method to best fit situation.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- This position is routinely required to work in an environment that is moderately noisy
- This position is required to stand and walk all of the time. This position is required to use hands to finger, handle or touch more than 2/3 of the time. This position does require the individual to lift up to 25 lbs.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. QPI reserves the right to make changes to the job description at any time based on business needs. It is the employee’s responsibility to come forward and inform their supervisor of any significant changes that may have been made to the job description to ensure changes are updated and agreed to.