It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
About the Opportunity
The Director of Human Resources will support our fast-paced, diverse and varied Wisconsin based Manufacturing Facilities, operating out of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. This individual will be a key member of the operations management team reporting directly to the Senior Human Resources Director of Global Operations and Procurement with a strong matrixed reporting relationship to the Plant General Managers & Vice President of Global Manufacturing.
The Director of Human Resources role is a unique opportunity for you to:
Become a member of an organization with a fast-paced, high-energy, safety conscious culture where you can truly make a difference!
As the Director of Human Resources, you will have broad generalist and leadership responsibilities for the entire operations supporting approximately 3,000 total employees to include: labor relations, recruitment / retention, employee development, succession planning, employee relations, employee welfare, benefit administration, etc. You will be the highly involved in both the tactical and strategic. As a member of the management team, you can influence and shape the performance and overall effectiveness of the organization.
As the DIRECTOR of Human Resources, you will
- Coach and advise operations leaders with candor, honesty, respect and tact.
- Develop strong business relationships with all business functions you support.
- Responsible to implement, coordinate and manage policies and programs usually covering all of the following: recruitment, employee relations, and employee welfare, employee development and organizational design.
- Manage the grievance process; administer the collective bargaining agreement; provide counsel and support in the interpretation / application of contractual language.
- Maintain overall direction of recruitment, placement and training programs and ensures compliance with EEO regulations.
- Provide leadership / assistance to plant efforts in ensuring market competitiveness and in fostering a culture of continuous improvement, engagement and accountability
- Analyze key performance metrics such as absenteeism to determine employee relations climate and make recommendations for improvement. Develop programs to improve employee engagement and operational efficiency.
- Performance manage, lead and develop a team of HR professionals.
- Maintain knowledge of employment and labor law. Communicate with legal counsel as/when necessary. Advise management on legal matters.
- Manage all legal labor matters to include arbitration, mediation, employment charges, etc.
- Manage all Human Resources activities for the operation ensuring alignment and consistency with broader business and departmental objectives.
What are we looking for in you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is required, advanced degree preferred. Human Resources and/or Labor relations certification highly desired
- 10+ years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment with a thorough knowledge in all Human Resources generalist functions (e.g., Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Employment law, Compensation and Benefits, Training & Development, etc.) required
- Prior labor relations experience in a manufacturing environment required. Previous negotiations experience required. 1st or 2nd chair experience desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bi-lingual candidate preferred (English and Spanish)
- Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of direct reports
- Strong decision making, organizational and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to overcome unforeseen obstacles
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.