Director – Legal
Apply Job ID 25377 Date posted Mar. 01, 2023
Quad seeks a talented and motivated attorney to become a key member of its legal team. This Director-Legal position presents a unique opportunity to focus on a broad range of global M&A activities, real estate and corporate development initiatives, treasury/credit facility, enterprise risk and business law matters, and be an integral part of Quad’s Legal Department.
This position reports directly to the Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, and will have significant responsibility overseeing enterprise-wide M&A and strategic partnership negotiations for the Company’s corporate development function, various real estate and commercial transactions and initiatives supporting all domestic and international business operations, partnering with the treasury team on all credit facility and other treasury matters, supporting enterprise risk management goals, in addition to serving as a leading legal contact within the Company. This position will have oversight in all international legal matters and work closely with international compliance and business teams. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to work on sophisticated legal issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
A successful candidate will have extensive global experience negotiating M&A and real estate transactions and partnerships, have excellent project management skills in driving results across the organization and be comfortable independently providing general advice to businesses on operations and best practices. The ideal candidate will be a commercial/business generalist who currently practices in a large law firm or in-house, possesses a strong background in transaction negotiations and project management, and who is energized by establishing structure in a fluid environment and is eager to learn a unique and complex business. The candidate will be able to handle multiple areas of responsibilities autonomously and have a desire and ability to apply business acumen and think beyond being an attorney in a rapidly evolving business and business culture.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Oversee global M&A and strategic partnership negotiations and provide counseling, advice and day-to-day support of certain Company business and operating units objectives
- Assume lead on certain Company initiatives of significant size and complexity
- Participate in a collaborative manner in globally based cross-functional business teams to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues
- Draft, structure and review real estate and commercial agreements
- Provide counsel and support for treasury and credit facility amendments and funding initiatives
- Manage, optimize, and further develop legal operational structures, processes and templates for all areas of responsibility
- Serve as one of the Company’s “go to” lawyers for general corporate and business matters
- Manage outside counsel for all areas of responsibility
- Be one of the leading members of the legal team of the Company
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school, and extensive experience in global mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions and general commercial law in a large law firm or in-house corporate environment.
- Must have a valid license to practice law issued from the Wisconsin Bar or equivalent state Bar.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates who developed their commercial law and corporate transactional skills at a nationally recognized law firm and then subsequent in-house experience will be preferred
- Experience working with international business teams required
- Creative, innovative team player with positive attitude and strong analytical and problem-resolution skills; exceptional business judgement, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with and gain the respect of stakeholders at all levels
- Developed organizational capabilities and the ability to manage in a detail-oriented and proactive manner several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability and willingness to learn legal or business concepts not initially familiar with strongly preferred; must be a self-starter and strong project leader in a fast-paced environment; must also like working on complex projects with multi-functional teams and be able to drive results