Under the general direction of the Administrator of Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation (HHH&R), implements admission/referral process in accordance with state and federal regulations, as well as facility requirements.Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Directs and coordinates admissions, transfers/room changes, and discharge processes, in order to ensure admissions occur consistent with budgeted goals.
- Contacts referral resources related to census/bed availability, and to keep them aware of facility developments/news.
- Performs pre-admission screenings with Director of Nursing, MDS nurse, and Unit Managers in a timely manner.
- Does pre-admission onsite assessment or thorough chart review prior to admission of each potential resident obtaining medical, psychosocial, and financial needs.
- Ensures that admission processes are in full compliance with county, state, and federal regulations.
- Facilitates financial screens and prior authorizations for pending referrals.
- Assuring legal documentation is current and relevant for each admission, including orders for protective placement, guardianship, Chapter 51 commitment orders, and wherever there is a judicial determination of the county resident.
- Assists with the admission agreement, DNR or general directives, and gives tours of the facility to potential admissions.
- Promotes and markets HHH&R services to other providers, potential customers and their families, and to the community at-large.
- Completes marketing visits with various providers, discharge planners, and related agencies to promote programs/outcomes of HHH&R.
- Reviews advanced directives prior to admission and has the ability to facilitate such directives.
- Provides comprehensive information in all aspects of the residents to the interdisciplinary team prior to admission with written communication and verbally.
- Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary team (residents, staff, families, and consultants) to ensure availability of beds, as well as regarding admissions/facility readiness.
- Coordinates development of marketing materials for HHH&R and promotes facility to various media outlets.
- Works with Administrative Secretary/others to update facility website on a routine basis.
- Functions as a member of the Leadership team and participates in routine Department Head and other staff, unit, and committee meetings, and performs related duties.
- Participates in resident and facility emergencies.
- Represents HHH&R in a positive and professional manner at all times at work and in the community.
- Attends community events as needed to promote HHH&R and its programs/services.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- Routine presence/duties outside of the facility as required.
- Performs related duties as may be required or assigned.
Desirable Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies and procedures. Knowledge of state and applicable federal codes.Knowledge of nursing home regulations. Knowledge base allowing to access current medical, behavioral, social, and cognitive needs. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Ability to work independently on responsible and confidential administrative assignments. Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate effectively with residents, families, guardians, hospital/other provider staff, community contacts, and interdisciplinary team members. Must have ability to work independently and flexibility to adjust personal work schedule to meet resident, staffing, and facility needs. Ability to maintain accurate/complete records and prepare complex reports. Ability to multi-task and organize time and work with minimal supervision. Must have flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet resident, staffing, or facility needs. Must meet requirements of Fond du Lac County Driver Qualification Policy.
Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in health care or human services field or marketing (i.e. nursing; social services). Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered. In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position.Supplemental Information
Due to a retirement, Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation has an outstanding opportunity for the right admissions and marketing professional in the post-acute / long-term care industry. Harbor Haven is a premier facility in the Fond du Lac area, which has excelled in the post-acute rehab market, as well as in providing high-quality, compassionate long-term care. Harbor Haven has consistently maintained high census/occupancy levels, and has been a CMS 5-Star facility for 5 years and running. We are looking for a results-oriented, yet truly resident-centered professional to join and complement the strong and dedicated Leadership Team of the facility.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.