This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by administering Title IV found for the institution and providing overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Financial Aid Department.
- Assist in ongoing development of policies and procedures for financial aid
- Oversee all Title IV, Perkins, state and institutional financial aid resources
- Managing cohort default rates and default prevention plan
- Oversee and participate in the process of meeting with prospective and continuing students to apply for and secure financial aid to cover educational expenses
- Counsel students and parents regarding financial aid eligibility and ensure all students are provided with accurate information in regards to financial aid, resources, and their obligations regarding said resources
- Responsible for the prompt and appropriate delivery of federal and institutional financial aid
- Oversee the maintenance of student financial records
- Responsible for internal audit controls at the campus level and ensuring Marian University is in compliance with regulatory bodies
- Accountable for Department of Veteran Affairs audits and all regulatory reviews of the campus financial aid
- Oversee the operation of the PowerCampus and PowerFAIDS financial aid modules and that all required updates are timely and compliant
- Provide technical financial aid support to the staff and work closely with the campus IT department
- Maintain a financial literacy program to serve students
- Work with 3rdparty servicing as needed
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, develop, and evaluate financial aid staff, manage department budget
- Interface with the financial aid community, lenders, and miscellaneous funding sources
- Interact effectively with all campus departments and participates as part of the campus management team
- Research and create the necessary processes and procedures to serve online students and Competency Based Education (CBE) related
- Other work-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Five years of progressively increasing responsibility in a complex financial environment with progressive experience in a financial aid operation in higher education strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with related Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and demonstrated success in promoting and fostering a student-centered team
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing and managing the operations and maintaining compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional regulations and policies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize databases, word-processing, spreadsheets and enterprise financial systems – knowledge of Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) system and PowerCampus Financial Aid system strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate throughout the organization with effective interaction across departmental boundaries
- Ability to incorporate financial aid into the overall enrollment strategies for the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Director of Financial Aid’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by October 26, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.