Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a 100% hands-on Director of Information Technology to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation, enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
This role leads the Information Technology Team by establishing, planning and administering the overall policies and goals for the information technology department.
- Identifies and implements technology projects and initiatives that will drive organizational improvements in efficiency and productivity
- Develops, coaches and manages the IT team including developers, support technicians, network analysts and vendors. Our people are our biggest asset and we want everyone to find the best of themselves through their work!
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements and other metrics and needs
- Oversees security of systems, networks and enterprise information
- Maintains software license requirements, a technology plan and budget and develops processes to ensure the reliability of all hardware
- Implements and maintains a project management system that prioritizes IT projects and effectively monitors progress and manages them to completion, maximizing the value provided by the department
- Implements and maintains disaster recovery and back-up procedures
- Oversees technology portion of any ERP implementation or major system implementation that impacts the entire company
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology required; master’s degree or MBA preferred
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT department
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with the specific ability to effectively manage difficult IT projects
- Experience in network design and security and software solutions and applications, including CAD, ERP, SQL and Office Applications
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to plan, implement and drive IT projects and measure performance
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build a team of IT professionals
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal and the ability to communicate to levels of the organization
- M&A experience including IT related due diligence and integration planning preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.