Fond du Lac
This position is a hands-on member of the management team that is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance the company’s IT systems, infrastructure, servers, security, networks, datacenter, hardware and software. Establishes company standards and ensures functionality, connectivity, and compatibility of all systems within the company. This position leads a team that serves as the help desk and support for all users both on-site and in the field.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct, implement and maintain the company IT systems, networks and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Lead Cybersecurity initiatives to ensure the company is continually protected against ongoing threats.
- Develop and continuously refine overall technology architecture in support of short and long-term business needs. Investigate leading technologies in the marketplace and make assessments regarding applicability to C.D. Smith.
- Manage the implementation of new systems and equipment, ensuring the design conformance meets specification, testing, system performance, technical and user documentation and training.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance and helpdesk support for all users.
- Responsible for the purchase, setup, and configuration of hardware, software and devices for all users.
- Work jointly with the business leaders to identify IT system and equipment enhancement and solutions. Analyze costs and benefits, scope and prioritize, and ultimately implement changes.
- Review project ideas and provide technology input and direction, prescribing appropriate solutions which balance business requirements while keeping pace with technology in the construction industry.
- Research new technologies and provide strategic input into selection of cost-effective solutions, products, services and equipment.
- Source third party resources, including selection, negotiation, and delivery oversight for IT projects and support. Participate in the negotiations of vendor contracts and the resolution of contract issues.
- Manage the planning, execution and project milestone communication of company-wide IT projects ensuring on-time and within budget delivery.
- Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and departments in the office and the field.
- Preserves company data, information and assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Monitors the security of all IT systems, networks, datacenters and resources to ensure the integrity and reliability of computerized information, communications and office systems.
- Ensures IT system operations adheres to applicable laws and regulations, contractual obligations and appropriate security protocol.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years IT management experience in related field.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge in the information technology field and complex system integration preferably working with construction industry systems and technologies.
- Experience working with vendors and third-party sourcing and negotiation.
- Experience implementing IT systems and networks.
See More Jobs