SSM Health — a nationally recognized Catholic, not-for-profit integrated health system serving Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin — is seeking a
Director of Nursing at Waupun Christian Home & Rehabilitation Center.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of about 100 caring and hard working individuals in our new building. There are 50 private skilled nursing rooms, 30 private assisted living apartments and we also provide care for our 28-bed memory care assisted living unit.
This position will work 8am to 5pm and as needed. On-Call requirements are shared with the ADON and MDS nurse.
We are looking for someone with strong experience working as a nursing leader, but will train the right candidate. One year of experience as a leader at a minimum is required. At least three years of nursing experience is also required.
Our team is offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for this position that will be paid in two payments – $5,000 in the first month and $5,000 after one year of employment. Candidates who have less than two years of experience working as a nurse in long term care will receive one lump sum of $5,000 in the first month and not be eligible for any additional bonus.
To request additional information, confidentially submit your interest, or nominate a fellow colleague, please contact:
Executive and Professional Recruiter
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.
Directs services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Accredited Nursing School (ADN acceptable)
- Three years’ registered nurse experience, with one year in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.