This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing oversight for major campus activities programming, oversees and manages orientation activities, and provides oversight for student organizations.
- Facilitate and promote development of and encourage participation in programming designed to enhance campus life and students• personal growth, assisted by the Marian Activities Committee (MAC) and other campus clubs and organizations.
- Training, mentoring and advising student leaders within MAC, and other student leadership committees associated with executing annual campus events and programs.
- Training, mentoring and advising student leaders in university student organizations, including budgetary oversight and supervision of campus resources by those organizations.
- Serve as the Student Life Liaison for over 20 clubs and organizations. Assist students, faculty, or staff members in the formation of new clubs or organizations.
- Develop and implement all Orientation programs-summer, fall, winter. These include: opening ceremonies, student involvement fair, academic programs, food service needs, parent orientation programs, and other initiatives to engage our first-year students. Serve as the Chair of the Orientation Committee and act as a liaison between all appropriate offices/individuals
- Plan and coordinate multiple and complex campus events and programs.
- Negotiate vendor contracts for campus events on behalf of the University.
- Provide management of Student Activities and Orientation budgets. Create and maintain website(s), social media account(s), and print marketing materials.
- Coordinate the development of comprehensive activities and university events calendar for ongoing access to the University Community via multimedia communications systems.
- Collaborate with other departments in the division, as well as academics, athletics, alumni and parent programs, and operations and planning.
- Represent the Office of Student Life at recruiting events.
- Develop, conduct, and communicate results from regular assessment of programs and services provided through Student Involvement.
- Actively engage in planning and coordinating evening and weekend programming initiatives.
- Shape environments in which students are trained and mentored as campus leaders, through education and training for organizations and committee members.
- Maintain a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University Community.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in higher education, student personnel, educational leadership or a related field required. Two years of experience in student affairs, activities, orientation, recruitment and admissions, student leadership, student government, campus recreation or community service. Five years of experience of leadership and direct coordination of major complex events on a college or university campus. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience negotiating contracts and pricing with vendors.
- Experience with the supervision of employees and students, as well as budget oversight and planning.
- An understanding of student development theory and assessment, including risk management practices and procedures, and a comprehensive approach to student life.
- Outstanding organization and communication in both written and verbal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and strategically with multiple administrative units throughout campus.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours. Must be available to coordinate and attend out of town student and professional conferences.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Director of Student Involvement’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.