Fond du Lac
$1,500 sign on bonus + earn $45,000/year!
Develop your human services career in 2023! As a CSM you’ll be making a real difference in your community, directly working with individuals with disabilities. Grow your professional skills and build long-lasting relationships!
You’ll get one-on-one time with the people we support, and the Supported Living Staff on your team. Your team will collaborate and implement new ways to help people we support live their best life, maintain their independence, and build valuable connections.
Your role is similar to a case manager, working on big picture goals with funders, guardians, and people we support – all in order to make sure their lives are safe, healthy, and fulfilling. You’ll get to know the people we support, their aspirations, and help them strive for their goals! CSMs play a crucial role in ensuring the health and safety needs of people we support, are met.
The ideal candidate has a combination of the following skills: knowledge of mental health and/or the medical field. Strong leadership and supervisory skills. Ability to advocate for others’ best interests, and support independent thinking. Personable and interest in building relationships. Excellent critical thinking, organizational skills, analytical skills, and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to adapt to the current situation and shift priorities as needed. Creativity for activities. Remain calm under stress, and effectively manage crisis situations.
This is an excellent career opportunity for experienced caregivers, for social workers, education professionals, and more! If you have a passion to make a positive impact in the lives of other people, we want you!
- Assist individuals on your caseload to access their community, by coordinating and facilitating engagement.
- Provide direct support for individuals on your caseload, both in homes and in the community.
- Spend quality time with individuals on your caseload. Building relationships!
- Inspire, supervise, and train Supported Living Staff on your team.
- Problem solve, supporting Staff and Individuals on your caseload, through large & small issues.
- Facilitate a positive team atmosphere.
- Communicate with people important to the overall goals of individuals on your caseload; such as guardians and funders, among others.
- Assist with 2nd interviews and onboarding new team members.
- Carry the emergency cell phone according to the rotation.
- Work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Work well independently as well as with a team.
- Must have the desire to positively impact people’s lives.
- A degree in Human Services or a related field preferred.
- If you do not have experience in the field, but are eager to learn, CLC provides paid training to meet the needs of our employees and the people we support.
- Solid work history.
- Prior experience working with adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting preferred.
- Supervisory experience & leadership skills
- Ability to make sound decisions regarding complex issues.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, Family Care and IRIS programs would be beneficial.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Must have an acceptable background
- A WI Drivers license, an acceptable driving record, access to a vehicle in good working condition and appropriate insurance is required. Driver Eligibility Requirements outlined here
The ideal candidate has a combination of the following skills:
- Knowledge of mental health and/or the medical field.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to advocate for others’ best interests, and support independent thinking.
- Personable and interest in building relationships.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational skills, analytical skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the current situation and shift priorities as needed.
- Creativity for activities.
- Remain calm under stress, and effectively manage crisis situations.
- Earn $1500 sign-on bonus
- Earn $45,000/year! ($20.00/hour + on-call stipend + overtime)
- Full Time position with excellent benefits
- The Community Support Manager reports to the Division Manager
- Openings in Madison, Stoughton, or Fond du Lac, WI.
- Positions will remain open until filled
- Earn $45k/year! $20/hour + overtime + oncall stipend
- $1500 sign on bonus
- Paid training
- Health Insurance – Quartz HMO with $0 deductible!
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Life & Long Term Disability – 100% covered by employer
- Short Term Disability
- Domestic partner coverage
- Casual dress code
- Friendly work environment
- Positive culture
- Flexible schedule
- $5,000 referral bonus program
- Employee assistance program
- Earned vacation and sick time
*Open Hours may be subject to change without notice; a consistent schedule will be discussed at the interview.