Fond du Lac
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Dual Enrollment Communications Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will provide content writing as well as tracking of and engagement with dual enrollment students in line with established communication strategies, department processing and student engagement efforts. It will also work in conjunction with recruitment/admissions to support student onboarding practices and department activities to achieve enrollment goals.
Summary of Work Schedule-Academic: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Academic: 37.5
Summary of Work Schedule-Summer: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Summer: 34
Weeks per year: 52
Hiring range: $21.52 – $25.32
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place February 28, 2023.
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other technologies to maintain student engagement via letter, e-mail, phone and texting channels.
- Plan, coordinate, develop, and implement communications to high school parents and students designed to build awareness, enhance the understanding, and increase participation in dual enrollment programming options.
- Develop and execute a communication plan to help parents understand the importance and value of their students’ dual enrollments, as well as how to maximize earned credits. Create and distribute parent newsletter three times each academic year.
- Serve as the unit point of contact for the K12 communication function across the College.
- Working with the K12 team and the Recruitment Manager, develop user reports to identify strategies that encourage students to use their dual enrollment to enter a program at MPTC after high school graduation. Run basic reports, queries, and extracts from CRM or other systems for tracking and targeted communications.
- Coordinate specific on-campus high school events and group tours and provide support to recruitment and admissions events.
- Work with Enrollment Services, Recruitment and K12 to support an efficient and effective methods of communications with high school students/parents and high school teachers to ensure registration in dual credit classes.
- Coordinate current and prospective communications for Foundation Scholarship application cycles.
- Provide back-up to CRM communications and other duties of the Recruitment and Admissions Communications Specialist.
- Work on special projects as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in business, marketing, communications or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of related work experience. Database experience required.
- One year of writing, public relations or related experience required.
- Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make sound decisions with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with end users, colleagues, and management to provide a complete and timely explanation of issues and decisions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications experience with database systems, HTML, student administration systems, MS Office, and Outlook preferred. Ability to learn other business applications quickly required.
- Ability to use data and reports to assess need, think critically, analyze information, resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Must maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program