We are seeking a skilled Electrical-Mechanical Assembler to join our team at Wisconsin Lighting Lab, Inc. As a member of our Engineering and Manufacturing department, you will be responsible for assembling and testing electrical and mechanical components for various products. You will be required to read and interpret schematics, technical drawings, and work instructions to ensure that the products meet quality standards and specifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Assemble electrical and mechanical components according to schematics and blueprints.
- Test and troubleshoot products to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, as well as specialized equipment, to perform assembly and testing tasks.
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines at all times to ensure a safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the team and provide feedback on product design and assembly processes.
- Document assembly and testing results and maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Continuously improve product quality and assembly processes by identifying opportunities for improvement and suggesting solutions.
- Previous experience in electrical and mechanical assembly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical specifications and drawings.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools and perform basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical background with high quality/workmanship standards.
- Interest in, and experience with, technology and computers.
- Clear desire to work in a small, “start-up” business culture and be an integral part of our growing team.
- Hard work ethic, passion, energy, winning attitude, and desire to learn every day.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excited to learn new things and take on challenges.
Ability to lift up to 60+ pounds.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to noise, dust, and chemicals.
We’re a small and respected team operating in a booming industry. We consist of about 50 dedicated support professionals, problem solvers, product experts, welders, machinists, fabricators, engineers, project managers, creatives, programmers, and marketing professionals working hard to deliver the industry’s best mix of product selection and expertise.
PRODUCTS + HISTORY
We are members of an innovative family of companies spanning over four decades in commercial/industrial engineering, manufacturing, and distribution. We service a mix of clientele across the US providing engineering services and high-output LED light pole and fixture products for applications large and small. Professional grade, American-made light poles, brackets, and assemblies are the core of our product offering. Our ever-expanding catalog includes 20,000+ standard light pole offerings in aluminum, steel, and fiberglass materials. We deliver nearly limitless procurement and production potential in various materials, shapes, sizes, and finishes for parking lot, roadway, street, and security applications. Our LED lighting products dramatically reduce energy consumption and virtually eliminate ongoing maintenance expenses for the site, area, street, sports, and warehouse lighting applications. Our products utilize superior optical and thermal management systems to deliver whiter, brighter lighting that improves safety and visibility.