Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
As an Electrical Safety Engineer, you will supplement the Mercury Marine Occupational Safety team as well as the Brunswick Electrical Standards Committee, acting as the on-site point of contact for High Voltage (50 V up to 800V) safety policy and process implementation. In this role you will work directly with engineering staff to guide process development and implementation related to High Voltage safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for electrical safety at Mercury Marine
- Evaluate electrical safety issues and concerns, and provide recommendations to resolve or address electrical safety issues in the workplace. Including evaluating work activities for compliance with electrical safety requirements and ensuring that the electrical safety programs are effectively implemented throughout the High Voltage working areas and Engineering facilities.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining the HV electrical safety program including policies, plans, procedures, permit retention, training materials, audits, communications, and test procedures and plans to ensure the safety of all staff, contractors, and visitors.
- Conduct or participate in energization readiness reviews for newly installed High voltage systems and HV test equipment
- Conduct Equipment and Lab inspections
- Participate in or lead the investigation of electrical or other safety accidents or near miss events.
- Perform electrical engineering calculations (load calculations, Incident energy calculations, wire sizing, fusing, etc.) related to lab implementations including power supplies, dynamometer installations, and general development activities (development vessels, rigging)
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff in electrical safety implementation
- Conduct work observations, obtain feedback from working groups, and support the Mercury Marine and Brunswick Electrical Safety Subject Matter Experts in administering changes to Mercury Marine and Brunswick HaV safety policies and training
- Communicate results of Electrical Safety implementation analysis (process audits) to Mercury Marine PD&E senior leaders through presentations, email, and newsletters
- Manage PPE requirements, assignments, and lifecycle for Mercury PD&E Staff
- Facility requirement definition? Drive safety requirements to align with Occupational Safety and Insurance requirements
- Work with Product Integration, Manufacturing, and Field Service teams to define safe work standards for HaV work occurring at OEMs and service centers for production and experimental electrical systems and equipment from 50 V up to 800V
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Occupational Safety and at least 3 years of experience
- Ability to develop immediate and long-term programmatic and field-based solutions to assist staff when preparing for work on electrical equipment and systems
- Ability to read schematics and electrical system diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas and concepts orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner to communicate technical information and interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds and levels of understanding
- Must be a positive driver for change regarding Mercury Marine and Brunswick’s commitment to safety and compliance
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of external standards related to electrical safety such as NFPA 70, 70B, & 70E, ABYC, ISO, and OSHA
- Experience in implementing practices and procedures used to safeguard employees when performing work on electrical equipment to include electrical Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Knowledge of and experience with High Voltage battery systems
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.