Fond du Lac
Working at Moraine Park Technical College is much more than a job. It’s an opportunity to help influence the future of higher education. At MPTC, we are in a unique position to impact our district communities, and we work diligently to hire candidates with aligned values and extensive skillsets to help move the mission of Moraine Park forward.
Moraine Park Technical College is seeking a full-time Electromechanical Technology Instructor. This position will initially be located in Fond du Lac until the new facility in West Bend has been completed, as a result of the referendum. This faculty role will enhance the College’s capability to deliver courses involving automation and robotics to our students and community. Courses you will be teaching will be in multiple programs such as Electromechanical Technology, Industrial Mechanical Technician, and Quality and Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree (or be willing to obtain) and two years of paid work experience (including one year that has been acquired in the past five years). Qualified instructors will also have performed maintenance, field service work, troubleshooting and experience in robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems.
Join us at Moraine Park Technical College, where we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our students!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place November 9, 2023.
- Prepare for and facilitate learning in the assigned courses according to the College’s core values. Establish a professional and safe learning environment. Set the classroom tone by modeling appropriate workplace skills and behavior. Maintain a positive climate for learning by performing classroom management and being aware of, monitoring and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
- Meet the student learning needs by incorporating a variety of teaching methods and assessments.
- Maintain student records and documentation. Submit grades within the expected timeframe. Provide timely verbal and written feedback to the students to ensure continued growth and development.
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and updating of curriculum.
- Collaborate with College staff to recruit students. Assist with student recruitment by participating in College recruitment events, partnering with student recruitment staff, maintaining relationships with alumni and proactively promoting the College and services offered.
- Collaborate with College staff to retain students and help them be successful. Work with Student Services staff to provide guidance to students. Assist in advising students regarding course enrollment, program and course content, lifelong learning and other program-related subjects.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to adapt to meet student needs, including flexibility in scheduling, workload, and type/variety of communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas and concepts in a professional manner. Ability to adjust to variance in communication and learning styles of students. Ability and willingness to communicate regularly with students and other internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand and promote the educational philosophy and programs that MPTC offers. Willingness to grow and evolve with the College’s educational philosophy.
- Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Hiring Range: $71,550 – $89,437
Starting: January 2024
Benefits information: Please click here for a summary of our benefits.