Position: Design Engineer
DUTIES: Brenner Tank, LLC seeks a full-time Design Engineer based in Fond Du Lac, WI. Responsible for creating and managing new custom design features to satisfy customer order requirements and meet production needs; applying established engineering standards to meet all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) regulations and meeting needs of all production areas for product manufacturing. Interacting with outside vendors and internal purchasing agents to ensure that purchased materials meet customer specifications and fit and finish expectations. Identifying, documenting, and implementing internal department quality and process improvements. Reviewing engineering documentation, including pilot run support with production representatives. Responding to product fabrication and assembly issues relating to design, process, or material quality. Suggesting changes to standard designs based on custom design needs and market trends. Assisting CAD technicians with documentation standards. Supporting follow up activities related to manufacturing challenges on the shop floor. Regularly communicating with Purchasing to reduce potential excess and obsolete material. Checking design packages for accuracy and completeness. Creating, implementing, and following up on Engineering Change Master creation and maintenance. Identifying possible material substitutions for purchasing and production. Identifying “root/cause” for fabrication and assembly issues in Production; and participating occasionally in formal and structured continued improvement and cost saving projects.
- This position requires Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 years related engineering experience in a transportation manufacturing environment.
- Must also have experience (which may have been gained concurrently) with each of the following:
- 12 months of experience with tank trailer design and tank trailer fabrication;
- Knowledge and experience required to qualify as Design Certified Engineer for tank trailers in accordance with CFR Title 49 171.8, including demonstrated ability to perform stress analysis of pressure vessels and determine whether a cargo tank design and construction meets the applicable DOT specification;
- 12 months of experience with ASME Section VIII Division 1 pressure vessel code knowledge and experience with calculations or software to verify code compliance;
- 12 months of experience with strength of materials, stress analysis, fatigue life, heat transfer, welding, and proficiency working with FEA analysis and results;
- Hazmat training in accordance with 49CFR172.704; and
- 12 months of experience using Excel and 3D-CAD software.
Employer will accept experience gained concurrently. Experience may have been gained before, during, or after master’s degree study. Background check and drug test required. Salary: $77,854 to $87,000/year. Full-time, position located in Fond Du Lac, WI. Apply at www.onewabash.com/careers.
This notice is being posted in connection with the filing of an application for a permanent alien labor certification. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application to the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Office of Foreign Labor Certification, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-5311, Washington, DC 20210.