Under the direction of the Engineering Lab Project Lead, the Engineering Lab/Test Technician will test and develop laundry equipment and related subsystem designs to meet Company performance, safety and reliability requirements. This includes planning and executing test programs, establishing and maintaining test capabilities and processes, and communicating test results to internal stakeholders.
- Development and life testing of products to measure performance and ensure we meet agency requirements
- Assist with development of new designs and test reliability
- Develop fixtures to accelerate testing by using extreme conditions and rapid cycles
- Utilize Microsoft Office, data acquisition equipment (National Instrument), voltage meters, t-couples, environmental chambers, etc.
- Hook-up utilities to products, troubleshoot problems, and make recommendations for improvement
- Write formal lab reports to include test procedures, equipment, raw data, summarized results, conclusion, and recommendations
- Build prototype machines and components/sub-assemblies
- Design and build text fixtures
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Mechatronics, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Mechanical Design, Electrical or closely related program is required
- Candidates currently pursuing an associate degree in Electrical, Electronics or Electro-Mechanical Technology will also be considered
- 1+ years of experience in a lab or testing environment, preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Electrical and Mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and utilize a wiring diagram
- Hands on contributor with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of PC applications
- LabVIEW experience is a plus
- Stooping, bending, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity and able to frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.