Location: Waupun, WI, US
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world’s largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager plans, directs and coordinates all Engineering and Purchasing activities including design engineering, manufacturing engineering by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors/staff.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product / services, uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe and healthy environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the Quality, Environmental Health and Safety Management systems.
- Directly supervises employees in the engineering and purchasing department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Is responsible for and has authority to initiate action to prevent nonconformity’s, identify and record nonconformity’s, and formulate solutions and verify solutions for problems occurring during the production process.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, and modification of equipment and machinery in the plant. Ensuring the process is at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet customer requirements.
- Directs purchasing staff to establish suppliers and maintain cost reductions.
- Directs and monitoring of capital improvements with savings through material development, utilization and process improvement. Responsible for capacity planning.
- Plans and formulates engineering projects and organizes Engineering staff according to project requirements such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications, technical plans, product testing, etc. Responsible for reviewing product design, compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications, by working closely with the Quality, Research & Development and Sales Departments.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Plans and formulates aspects of manufacturing process research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resources requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records or expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attendance is required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or eight (+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and write English. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel. Ability to adapt to new software and upgrades. Must be independently motivated and a self-starter. Must have demonstrated follow-through skills. Must be able to maintain all information in the Human Resources office on a confidential basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.