Fond du Lac, WI, US
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an experienced Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Analyst I to join our Enterprise Data Governance team. The DWBI Analyst will manage data retrieval, analysis, and communication within our organization. The role will function as an initial point of contact for the team, resolving issues, and meeting business initiatives by defining and documenting data requirements and providing reports and data visualization through strong written and verbal communication. In addition to providing excellent customer service, the role serves as an initial resource for dashboards and user reporting tools. The DWBI Analyst will assist in the support and reporting of the maturity of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Management Knowledge Area.
About the Role
- Advocates the importance of data management and associated data management knowledge areas for the successful creation and management of data.
- Participates in the development, application, and adherence of data policies, standards, processes, and procedures across the organization.
- Serves as a resource liaison between Product Owners, business stakeholders, and agile teams.
- Serves real priority business needs and solving business problems (e.g., escalated testing and issue resolution) with the business driving prioritization.
- Elicits and gathers requirements – turning them into technical specifications and associated artifacts for business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis while understanding the broader business context.
- Identifies and understands business goals while listening and documenting how the business tracks and defines success – and where possible defining and capturing key performance metrics and formulas.
- Captures actual business vocabulary and terminology – outlining project requirements with the whole context of the business areas and processes in scope while exploring details of actual source data for accurate estimation and appropriate expectation setting.
- Provides transparency and excellent customer service while promoting self-service, always cognizant that Enterprise DWBI is focused on planning, implementation, and control processes to provide decision support data and support knowledge workers engaged in reporting, query, and analysis.
- Thinks globally, while building and delivering incrementally, seeking to understand the impact of data relationships, data life cycles, and data processes while continually working to improve data quality for our business customers.
- Participates in business tool training, development, documentation, and communication while supporting data stewards.
- You build rapport easily and readily gains trust and respect with customer focus in mind.
- You are analytically focused and enjoy making fact-based decisions.
- You easily manage multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- You excel at communicating in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way.
- You are driven by curiosity and desire to know more.
- You easily identify priorities and develop detailed action plans.
- You enjoy taking a systematic approach to making process improvements.
What it Will Take
- Associate degree in math, statistics, information technology, or business-related field.
- A basic understanding of BI reporting tools to support the analysis and creation of reports, dashboards, and analytics using Microsoft reporting tools (e.g., Power BI, Power BI Paginated Reports).
- Basic knowledge of Excel including working with pivot tables and formula generation.
- Knowledge of Information Systems, Databases, Business Intelligence concepts, and a basic understanding of relational database and data warehouse structures.
- A demonstrated strong desire to learn new technical tools, techniques, and processes to support the data analytical needs of the organization.
- A passion for delivering high-quality solutions/software and a drive to constantly improve and evolve processes.
- A solid command of written and verbal communication and the ability to interpret the needs of the end-user against the capabilities of available technology.
- Basic ability to collect the necessary information to meet customer requests which may involve researching, interviewing, and an anticipation of how to apply a solution to a current or new business process.
- Basic experience working with SharePoint, SSRS (Server Based Report Generating Software), SQL, or other databases and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience within the insurance industry and related business processes highly desirable.
- Experience working in a project management and/or agile environment.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.