The Wisconsin Historical Society, considered one of the nation’s finest historical institutions, is a State of Wisconsin government agency as well as a mission-driven entrepreneurial organization. The Wisconsin Historical Society, founded in 1846, ranks as one of the largest, most active and diversified state historical societies in the nation. As both a state agency and a private membership organization, its mission is to help people connect to the past by collecting, preserving and sharing stories. At its core, the Society believes that increasing the public’s knowledge of history has profound societal, cultural, and economic benefit. The Society’s values are to Embrace a Spirit of Service, Engage our Expertise, Spark Enthusiasm, Cultivate Inclusion, Exceed Expectations, and Think Big and Grow with Purpose. Its collections, historic sites and museums, historic preservation office and extensive educational programs are focused on enriching and transforming lives through unparalleled access to history.
This position is based at the Wade House Historic Site in Greenbush, WI. This is a great opportunity for someone with hospitality and event management experience. In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, we offer a competitive benefits package featuring:
- Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, 9 paid holidays, and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.
- Excellent and affordable health, vision, and dental benefits
- An exceptional pension plan with employer match and lifetime retirement payment, plus an optional tax advantaged 457 retirement savings plan
- Well Wisconsin Wellness Program
- A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being
Click HERE for more information about working at the Wisconsin Historical Society.
The Wade House is located in Greenbush, in Sheboygan County, halfway between Fond du Lac and Sheboygan. The Event Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating the Wade House’s private facility rental program and in-house site events under the general supervision of and in collaboration with the Site Director. The event coordinator is responsible and accountable for proactive leadership, direction and support of the fundamental activities and functions vital to all phases of our rental program. This includes sales, marketing, account and customer management, in addition to logistical planning and event execution. This role also serves on an institutional team to enhance facility rental and private event opportunities across the entire Wisconsin Historical Society (WHS).
The salary will be between $26.00 – $28.00 per hour in accordance with the provisions of the current Compensation Plan. This position is in pay schedule 07, range 04. A 12-month probationary period will be required.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment to determine if the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job.
Permanent classified state employees who are eligible for consideration (transfer, voluntary demotion, or former employees as a reinstatement) should complete the application process to apply.
WHS does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Certain positions within WHS may allow remote/work from home flexibility for a portion of their work schedule, depending on the needs of the position and the work unit. This job may have some flexibility, but it will mainly be working at the site.
Special Requirements: Availability and ability to work weekends and late evenings and to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, be on feet for many hours, and traverse a magnitude of terrain.
Please make sure to describe the following qualifications within your resume and/or letter of qualifications in order to be considered for this position.
Minimally qualified candidate will have experience in all of the following:
- Experience with pre-planning event rentals including at least two of the following: engaging clients, recommending vendors, scheduling staff, keeping organized records, and managing contracts.
- Experience marketing and promoting rental venues including social media outreach and attending promotional events such as wedding fairs or vendor expos.
- Experience running rental events during the day of the event including at least one of the following: venue set-up, staff direction, bar management, vendor management, and client interaction.
In addition to minimum qualifications, a well-qualified candidate will additionally have experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience managing multiple venues and same day events within the same location.
- Experience with wedding events including booking, contracts, and day-of operations.
- Experience consulting on rental venues and making recommendations for growth in rental programs.
How To Apply
Apply online! To apply, click “Apply for Job” to start the application process. Then, you will access your existing account or to create a new account if you don’t have an account. Once you are logged in, click “Apply for Job.” Follow the steps outlined in the application process and submit your application.
Your letter of qualifications and resume are very important parts of your application and are used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications as they relate to the job. For instructions on developing your resume and letter of qualifications for your application and what should be included in these materials, click here for resume and letter of qualifications instructions..
Submitted materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com. or (608) 264-6409.