Position: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Reports to: President/CEO
FSLA Status: Exempt
Work schedule: Standard office hours (8am-5pm)
Salary: $40,000 – 42,000
Travel expectation: Minimal
Position summary: The Executive Assistant supports the President/CEO in scheduling, acting as a liaison to the Board of Directors, supports the executive team with meeting schedules, and provides reception and office support for a chamber of commerce and economic development organization.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President/CEO. This position also supports the executive team with calendar and administrative duties. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. This position also provides reception and office support including managing the gift certificate program, answering phone calls, and greeting visitors.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Competencies: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President/CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Assists the Vice President of Membership and Resource Development and Vice President of Economic Development with calendar appointments and various administrative duties.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Special projects on occasion.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the President/CEO’s administrative liaison to the Envision Greater Fond du Lac Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the compilation of agendas and supporting documents for the Board, Executive, and other committee meetings. Transcribes meeting minutes for the Board.
Reception and Office Support
- Answer incoming phone calls, address general inquiries, greet visitors and guests.
- Process incoming mail.
- Assist in keeping reception and general office area presentable and organized.
- Manage and execute the Certificates of Origin program.
- Organize and operate the gift certificate program.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Resolve administrative problems.
- Inventory and order general office supplies and paper needs.
- Emotional maturity that can maintain confidentiality.
- Organization skills, attention to detail, problem solving, and ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional, coach-able, ability to interact with variety of stakeholders, representing Envision confidently.
- A high level of personal integrity and solid values reflected in both professional and personal encounters.
- A skilled listener who can build and sustain open, objective, and mutually productive relationships and partnership.
- Possess a disciplined thought process and a decisive manner, combined with a high degree of energy, engagement, and enthusiasm that can be communicated and instilled throughout the organization.
- Believes and supports our core values of collaboration, courage, transparency, grit, steadfast optimism, and ownership.
- 1-3 years of experience in supporting executives with administrative duties.
- Non-profit experience is a plus.
To apply, Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com