This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, overseeing kitchen staff and ensure quality of food items; duties include hiring and training staff to cook their dishes, creating dishes to add to menus, and maintain a steady work flow.
- Collaborates with the Food and Beverage Manager to design, cost out, and price delicious and attractive menus and continuously making improvements.
- Work with Food and Beverage Manager with management of all production and central commissary operations, meal plan menu cycle development processes and menu satisfaction
- Advanced culinary skills including food preparation, flavor pairings, and other cooking best practices
- Ensure food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety enforcement. Adhere to HAACP standards and regulations, county guidelines, hot and cold food temperature holding, etc.
- Comfortable training, directing, and supervising kitchen staff
- Exceptional leadership skills, including motivation, and goal-setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organization
- Store, rotate and monitoring inventory according to the state and federal guidelines regarding safe food holding practices.
- Record and maintain daily food usage.
- Direct, mentor, and monitor job exceptions, performances evaluations, and production of the cooks, cashiers, and dishwashers
- Responsible for conducting annual audits with health department
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Associates degree in culinary or food and beverage management preferred
- 4 years’ experience in hospitality industry, with emphasis on food and beverage
- ServSafe Certified required
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong knowledge of related computer software, including Microsoft word, excel, and restaurant management software
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments
- Must be flexible, to include evening and weekends
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Executive Chef’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.