Fond du Lac
Performs fabrication of steel parts using standard fabrication equipment and is responsible for the proper and safe use of such equipment. The work required labeling parts with production dates, part number and moving to proper storage area. Work is directed by engineering blueprints and specifications as well as general verbal and written instructions. Parts are checked for adherence to this direction and company quality standards. All work duties are performed under the direction and supervision of the department Supervisor or Team leader. Using various shop machines, hand tools, and some MIG/TIG welding, the Fabricator is a crucial position in the manufacturing process and is therefore expected to produce high-quality work while keeping to production timelines. This position requires care and constant attention to shop activities to avoid injury to self or others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and operates seam welder with strong attention to detail when monitoring the quality and accuracy of the weld.
- Setup and operates the head bumper
- Setup and operates the ring roller
- Setup and operates the CNC router to cut and trim to dimensions, contour, or bevel as specified by blueprints.
- Setup and operates CNC rolling machine to bend Steel and Aluminum sheets into barrels, using blueprints and templates with knowledge of geometry and physical properties of metal to set up machine and plan sequence of operations.
- Setup and operates CNC press brakes.
- Use mathematical calculations in preparing product and/or setting up the machinery.
- Uses pneumatic, electric, and hand tools in addition to machine operation.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Move fabricated parts to the appropriate storage area using a forklift. These storage areas are located inside and outside of the plant.
- Performs additional work as assigned by the Supervisor or Team leader. This may require the employee to flex into another department.
- WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Corporate and/or Plant policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type – Normal
Category – Manufacturing
Posted Date – 04/17/2023
# of Openings – 10
Regular/Temporary – Regular
Salaried – Hourly