Fond du Lac
|Job Title||Facilities Technician I|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Home Office – Fond du Lac, WI|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a hands-on Facilities Technician to help support the maintenance of our newly remodeled home office building and our beautiful grounds.
About the Role
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance of facility equipment and systems and assist in updating the Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Maintains building interior such as the kitchen, lunchroom, training rooms, and others, resupplies product as needed. Clean, organize and maintain mechanical and storage spaces.
- Performs preparation and set up of fixed wall/open office spaces, office areas, and training and conference rooms for occupancy by moving furniture and equipment as needed.
- Maintains building and grounds appearance and accessibility by removing ice, snow, and debris from sidewalks; prepares outdoor maintenance equipment for seasonal conditions; cleans outdoor equipment.
- Operates lawn mowing equipment, maintains grounds for spring/fall cleanup, maintains landscaping.
- Operates power washing equipment; seal and paint interior/exterior surfaces and structures; operates aerial/boom lifts.
- Reports maintenance observations by notifying the Facilities Manager concerning needs for major repairs and/or additions to lighting, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
- Partners with Information Technology and vendors to coordinate upgrades/maintenance to software and equipment.
- Maintains organization stability by performing basic inspections of emergency and fire protection systems; perform scheduled inspections of exit/emergency lighting; inspect fire extinguishers; inspect and test generator and transfer switch per city, county, and state codes.
- Respond to fire/security alarms and emergency situations on and off duty as needed.
- You are accountable and enjoy working as a team member.
- You are focused and comfortable working within a structured schedule.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy taking the initiative.
- You are dedicated to meeting customer needs.
- You are quality-focused and take pride in your work.
- You are organized and enjoy managing multiple responsibilities.
What it Will Take
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, HVAC, and/or repair work.
- Previous maintenance experience with building/facility systems.
- Ability to work off ladders, boom lifts, and other service equipment. Skilled using hand-power tools, lawnmowers, and various landscape equipment.
- Proven/demonstrated safety track record and the ability to recognize safety issues. Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot mechanical systems and components.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications which may include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and CMMS (maintenance software).
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Prior experience in lawn care and landscaping highly preferred.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.