Full Time 36 hours per week
ADVOCAP, Inc., is a recognized leader in anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programming. We are a private, nonprofit agency committed to creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty.
Our Homeless Prevention Department has an opening for a Family Development Specialist (FDS) in our Homeless Program to help Winnebago County area residents overcome homelessness and/or potential homelessness and poverty. This position will manage assigned cases, develop strong community partnerships, comprehend, and operate under funding regulations, keep accurate documentation, and assist households in achieving personal goals. This position will be working with families who live at the Tiny House Village in Oshkosh, by providing coaching to assist people in make positive changes and work towards becoming self-sufficient.
The Family Development Specialist will:
• Provide assessments to those presenting as homeless or at risk of homelessness in a dignified manner and
provide referrals for assistance.
• Assess and enroll participants into appropriate programs, per established guidelines and priority standards.
• Determine client needs, establish goals with each individual/family served. Inform people about ADVOCAP and community resources and assist them with connecting with programs through referral and coordination of community services.
• Manage assigned projects and/or achieve desired outcomes on department contracts.
• Effectively network and advocate on behalf of all clients with all service providers, government units and
community, state, and national based organizations.
• Maintain comprehensive, accurate and timely record services and case notes in files for all individuals/families served.
• Collaborate with local and state Continuum of Care services and service providers.
• Make recommendations to supervisor regarding discontinuation of services, purchase of services, not available or other client related expenditures.
• This position will have a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, education or other related field, with experience in direct case work is preferred
• WI Social Work license is preferred
• Knowledge of and experience in working with a wide spectrum of individual issues: alcoholism and drug use, mental health, and physical/mental disabilities
• An understanding of homelessness and poverty and the ability to be non-judgmental with those served
• Good listening and interviewing skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to develop positive, trusting, growth-directed relationships with individuals
• Knowledge of and experience in utilizing community resources to help people in need
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
• Drug Screening and background check required
Staring wage is $19.42 per hour. This full-time 36-hours per week position will have access to our full benefit package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and Retirement/401k option.
Resumes and/or applications, with cover letters, submitted by 11/1/22 will receive primary consideration; resumes will continue to be received until position is filled.
Send to: ADVOCAP Inc., Human Resources
PO Box 1108
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 920 922-7214