|Job Title||Field Claims Representative II (property focused)|
|Home Department:||Property, Auto, & Liability Claims|
|Employment Status:||Exempt; Full-Time (flexible scheduling options)|
|Position Location:||Field Employee – North Central/North Eastern Wisconsin)|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an experienced Field Claims Representative to join our Property, Auto, & Liability (PAL) Claims Team. This Field Claims Representative position would have a property focus and will serve Society’s policyholders in North Central/North Eastern Wisconsin.
About the Role
- Settles moderate to severe claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability.
- Handles mediations, arbitrations, and subrogation within authority level.
- Determines coverage by meeting with insureds, securing evidence, inspecting losses, investigating incidents, interpreting, explaining policy coverage, and determining subrogation.
- Documents repairs by scoping losses, hiring experts, preparing estimates, and reviewing exposures.
- Completes claims by obtaining, providing, and exchanging information with relevant third parties.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing claim information.
- Meets with Society’s policyholders and agencies to build brand awareness.
- May be involved with litigation by analyzing settlement options, evidence, and overseeing attorneys.
- Assists home office claim representatives on claims in assigned coverage territories.
- Mentors and trains Claim Representatives in area(s) of claims expertise.
- You enjoy communicating and building relationships with others.
- You are composed, cool under pressure, and can negotiate without damaging relationships.
- You hold yourself accountable and act in accordance with all rules and regulations.
- You enjoy analyzing, investigating, and using the facts to make decisions.
- You are naturally curious and have a desire to know more.
What it Will Take
- Bachelor’s Degree w/ 5 years of Claims-Handling Experience OR 7 years of Field Claims-Handling Experience
- Technical proficiency in Commercial Property and/or Casualty Claims
- Familiarity with PC Applications
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing prior to handling a state that requires it.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with Bonus Plan; Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k); Defined Contribution Plan; PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-Paid Holidays; Flexible Scheduling; PTO; and Telecommuting Options
- Education: Career Coaching; Company-Paid Courses; Student Loan and Tuition Reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; Paid Volunteer Time; and Team Sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; Health Club Reimbursement; and Wellness Reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.