The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders won Northwoods League Championships in 2018 and 2020, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders share ownership with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the High-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience. Our season begins in Mid-May and continues through Mid-August. Fond du Lac Dock Spiders interns receive a salary of $1,500 for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games along with working normal business hours. Each intern is considered to be a member of our leadership team in their area of focus and will gain valuable management skills. Our 2023 internship positions are listed below.
Field Operations Intern
- Oversee and perform all aspects of field maintenance including: edging, trimming, weed management, and irrigation for both the playing surface and areas surrounding the ballpark
- Maintain playing surface for all games held at Herr Baker Field, including Dock Spiders games, various baseball games, and non-baseball events
- Basic knowledge of small engines and ability to operate small landscape equipment preferred
- Preparation of the field on all game days including chalking, painting, and dragging the infield
- Schedule, train, and manage bat boys
- Oversee setup of batting practice while communicating with coaching staff regarding pre-game activities
- Perform other facility and maintenance duties throughout the ballpark as needed
- Will be required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community
- Responsibilities will also include assisting other departments when requested or needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.