Summary: Work assignments are of a great variety and complexity and include work in the shop and at customer sites. Employees work independently or as a team installing, servicing or repairing electrical control and mechanical equipment. Approximately 50% travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical problems are encountered before, during, and after manufacture.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data.
- Install and maintain electrical control systems.
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
- Perform a wide variety of highly technical duties including start-up and repair of complex and sophisticated electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Instruct/train customer personnel in the correct operation of equipment.
- Modify and maintain PLC and HMI programs
- Work in the shop may include machine wiring, panel building, programming, testing equipment and programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of equipment.
- Programming- Knowledge of programming software such as Allen Bradley PLC, HMI and Servo programming.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Must be able to work closely with engineers and other shop employees to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter, and be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to contribute in design reviews and improve job efficiencies.