Fond du Lac
ADVOCAP, Inc is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering effective anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual to join our leadership team as our Finance Director. A successful Finance Director provides accurate and timely financial information to management, board committees and funding sources; prepares financial budgets for the agency and compares them to actual, making recommendations based on any financial findings; properly executes agency financial transactions; and successfully manages the agency’s business affairs.
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Department, including the design of the department structure to ensure that it is adequate for maintaining agency and government standards of compliance
- Design and maintain accounting systems that provide consistent
and accurate reports to management.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in agency decision making processes and make recommendations concerning the commitment of agency assets
- Funds management, budgeting, financial accounting and reporting
- Apply a high level of analytical ability to gather and interpret complex data and to find solutions to unusual and difficult problems
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration majoring in Accounting
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience, and five years of supervisory experience.
- Certified Public Accountant is preferred
- Demonstrated successful leadership, management, and supervisory experience.
- Experience in non-profit accounting is essential
- Understanding of the causes and conditions of and potential solutions to poverty.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability and timely responsiveness.
- Strategic thinker with good planning and goal-setting skills.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Acceptable drug screen and comprehensive background check.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary in the $80,000+ range. ADVOCAP has an excellent benefit package. This full-time position will have access to health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and our employer contribution 401k.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications will continue to be received until position is filled.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.