Fond du Lac
WE ARE LEADERS. WE ARE INNOVATORS.
WE ARE WABASH.
Wabash is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that is changing how the world reaches you. Each employee is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 35 years ago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be — for our employees, our customers and our community.
Performs various skilled tasks necessary to metal finish component parts, transportation tanks and bottles during the production process. Responsible for examining surface areas and welds to detect defects. The work requires associates to work within a confined space for periods of up to four (4) hours. This position requires care and constant attention to shop activities to avoid injury to self or others.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent Health Benefits, including dental and vision
- 401K with match
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment includes exposure to high decibels of noise, temperature, weather variations, metal welding processes and chemicals, which may include solvents, undercoating, paint, and caulking. Fast paced environment with moving equipment and motorized vehicles.
*The above job description is a broadly based description and is not intended to contain the specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by the supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the locations overall benefit.
- Ability to read a tape measure and perform simple math
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Prior to beginning work, inspects equipment to assure that it is in safe operating condition and that any required preventative maintenance checks have been completed.
- Examines all surface areas and welds to detect defects.
- Ability to work in confined space.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates equipment in a safe, efficient and accurate manner to produce required parts.
- Flaps and blends weld burns on the exterior and interior of tanks using electrical and pneumatic shop tools.
- Buffs outside heads and grinds manhole covers and outlet pods using electrical and pneumatic shop tools.
- Grinds welds, deburrs rough metal, and produces various finishes on metal
- Stone grinds, peens, belts, flaps, and blends seams on the inside of the bottle using pneumatic shop tools
- Completes assigned duties in accordance with safety policies and practices. This includes regard to individual safety, the safety of other team members, and the safe use of equipment and safeguards in the workplace
- Wears approved personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
- Performs additional work as assigned by the Supervisor or Team leader. This may require the employee to flex into another department
- Requires minimum of eight hours standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling with a full range of body mechanics/movements.
- Regularly required to lift and carry up to 35 (thirty-five) pounds. Frequently required to lift and carry up to fifty-five (55) pounds. Occasionally required to lift and carry up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring use of ladder, stairs, heights, platforms and climbing in and out of trailers or working under trailers in tight spaces.
- Must have ability to operate a variety of power and hand tools safely, work with compressed air safely, operate fork trucks safely and utilize personal protective equipment (PPE).