Title – Food Service Secretary
School/Building – Business Services
Number of Openings – 1
Close Date (11:59 p.m. Central) – Open until filled
Name – Michael Gerlach
Title – Chief of Finance & Operations
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 920-906-6442
Position Start Date – 7/1/2023
Salary/Wage – Classification IV ($17.86-$22.57/hr)
Terms/Schedule – 12 months/8 hours per day
Appointment Type – Full Time
The Food Services Secretary will support the food service operations of the District. They will prepare financial reports and statements, assist in the preparation of monthly food service reports and claims. They will ensure that school food operations are managed efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner. They will maintain the accuracy and availability of District financial data for end users and maintain the appropriate levels of confidentiality for District information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Serve as the delegated School Food Authority (SFA) in compliance with state and federal regulations.
● Manage the accounting records and reconciling of accounts related to food service transactions in the district.
● Prepare and process all Free & Reduced Meal applications, including the Direct Certification process for the District.
● Perform the meal service compliance observations for all District food service programs.
● Assist the District’s Food Service Management Company with all compliance and training programs related to District food service operations.
● In conjunction with Business Office staff, gather and compile all reports and assignments as required by the auditor, for the annual audit, related to food service activities in the district.
● Maintain ServSafe certification for the District
● Perform accounts receivable functions for the food service operations by recording and verifying deposits of monies from all District patrons.
● Serve as the direct liaison between the District and the Food Service Management Company.
● Assist in the management of federal food service grants through WISEgrants.
● Attend all required state and federal training related to food service operations.
● Provide support to District staff, families, and students related to food service account balances, payments, and communications.
● Assist the District’s Food Service Management Company in communicating with families on unpaid meal balances.
● Provide support for District budget management specifically related to the food service account.
● Manage monthly claims for reimbursement required by state and federal regulations.
● Have knowledge of electronic forms, document management workflow, and paperless processes.
● Assist in maintenance of Skyward Financial software related to food service accounts and Skyward Student Management software related to food service accounts.
● Possess good human relation skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
● Communicate with co-workers and members of the community in a positive, courteous, and respectful way.
● Follows the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the District.
● Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
● Remain free of any alcohol or illegal substance in the workplace in compliance with Policy 4122.01 throughout their employment in the District.
● Perform additional duties and responsibilities necessary within the scope of this employment position as assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
The Fond du Lac School District does not discriminate in the employment of support staff on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including transgender status, change of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity) pregnancy, creed or religion, genetic information, handicap or disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, military service (as defined in 111.31, Wis. Stats.), ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products off the District’s premises during non-working hours, declining to attend an employer-sponsored meeting or to participate in any communication with the employer about religious matters or political matters, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.
*The Fond du Lac School District reserves the right to modify the above job description at any time.
Associate Degree in Accounting or related field such as Business Administration and/or Finance, or equivalent experience.
Experience with the State of Wisconsin Uniform Financial Accounting Requirements (WUFAR) preferred
Skyward Financial & Student Management Software experience preferred
WI Public School experience preferred
Microsoft Excel & Word experience preferred