Salary: $12.57 – $16.93 Hourly
Location: 459 E First Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type: Part Time
Department: Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation
Job Number: 0809FSW2022
Closing: 8/23/2022 4:30 PM Central
Under general supervision of the Director of Dietary, performs a variety of tasks related to food serving and preparation and maintenance of cleanliness of Dietary areas.Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Serves food and/or works on tray line in accordance with portion requirements; supplies and arranges food items.
- Assists in food preparation performing variety of tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in Dietary areas as assigned.
- Operates dishwasher and cleans dishes, pots, pans, and other cooking utensils; cleans and sanitizes Dietary equipment. Cleans and sanitizes floors in kitchen and in cafeteria.
- Works as cashier operating cash register and/or calculator for cash transactions.
- Delivers and returns food carts.
- Maintains records of amount and type of food served.
- Assists in freight deliveries and stocking of coolers, freezers, and other food storage areas.
- Attends in-services as required.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of type and variety of food, food preparation and serving techniques and proper food storage.
- Working knowledge of use and care of dishes, kitchen utensils, and food service equipment.
- Working knowledge of sanitary techniques utilized in handling, preparing, and serving food and maintaining cleanliness in Dietary areas.
- Ability to read and comprehend diet cards, orders, production charts, etc.
- Ability to maintain basic records and reports.
- Ability to use and understand weights and measures and their relationship in food preparation.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with co-workers.
- Ability to be flexible in accepting job assignments and knowledge of following a timed activity schedule.
- Must possess a special interest in caring for and serving all residents of the facility and a willingness to work for the best interests of the institution.
- Must exercise tact and courtesy in dealing with residents, co-workers, other staff, and visitors.
- Must be alert and provide attention to detail to ensure food served is hot and palatable.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance, resident rights, infection control, and their relationship to the overall functioning of the Dietary Department.
The food service worker must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop during the workshift. He/she handles dishes, silverware, and trays, and is subject to burns, cuts, and falls. He/she must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry and move food, supplies, and equipment.Supplemental Information
Employees working as a food service worker are exposed to grease, water, noise, abnormal heat or cold, and walking on a hard surface.
Employees working as food service workers are subject to serious burns, cuts, or injuries from working with food service equipment (i.e., steam table, slicer, chopper, coolers, etc.)
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
Previous experience in large scale food preparation or technical school credits in food service or preparation.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.