The Food Services Aide is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Prepare and build food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly store food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.
- Set up work stations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
- Break down, clean and sanitize work stations.
- Serve food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction
- Replenish food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
- Maintain excellent customer service and positive attitude
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff, volunteers, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
· Food preparation, cooking and serving experience at a restaurant or other institutional food service facility.
· Excellent people skills: able to deal with children and adults; can tolerate noisy cafeteria.
· Loves to clean: able to perform cleaning procedures and properly use chemicals
· Team player: able to learn and perform other tasks to assist co-workers when necessary; reliable; self-motivated (this is a fast paced position)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Able to be on feet for entire shift
· Able to bend, lift and move boxes, pails and equipment up to 50 pounds
· Able to work around hot equipment, such as ovens and steamer.