Seneca Foods is one of North America’s leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby’s®, Aunt Nellie’s®, READ®, Seneca Farms®, Green Valley®, CherryMan®, Paradise®, Pennant®, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
Seneca Foods in Ripon, WIN is currently seeking a Forklift Driver -2nd Shift to join our team. Seneca Foods offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, paid time off and much more! Help us make our Farm Fresh Goodness Great!
This position entials operating powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries to the plant. This position will also move product and supplies to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
- Unload, load, transfer, and britestack or finished goods and supplies from trucks, etc.
- Interpret shipping order or receiving report to determine item to be (un)loaded.
- Checks product for quality, and proper shipping information.
- Complete daily inspection of vehicle before operating, corrects any low fluid levels.
- Operate lift truck in compliance with all operating procedures.
- Track, input, change, and update data of inventory.
- Complies with proper weight distribution on rail cars and trucks.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School education or equivalent
- Ability to pass the Seneca Forklift certification test.
- Ability to stack and unstack pallets of product in rows up to 5 pallets high.
- Willingness and ability to work and function in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at ADA@senecafoods.com or call 585-495-4100.