Fond du Lac
Our Forklift Operator’s primary responsibility is to operate a forklift to move materials and products within the facility. They will load and unload trucks, transfer materials, and assist customers. Additionally they sort metals, maintain a clean work environment, and other related tasks as assigned.
We offer a great benefit package that includes great pay and paid time off after 90 days!
* Multiple health insurance plans to choose from
* Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
* 401k with a company contribution
* Paid time off after 90 days
* 9 paid holidays
* Much, much more!
- Forklift Operation: Safely and efficiently operate a forklift to move materials, products, and equipment around the operations facility. This includes loading and unloading trucks, transporting materials to designated areas, and positioning materials for processing or storage.
- Handling Materials: Handle various types of nonferrous and ferrous materials. Ensure proper handling techniques to prevent damage and maintain the quality of the materials.
- Adherence to Regulations: Adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations while operating the forklift. This includes wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), conducting pre-operational inspections of the forklift, and reporting any safety concerns or incidents to the supervisor.
- Forklift Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance tasks on the forklift, such as fueling, lubricating, and cleaning, to ensure its proper functioning. Report any mechanical issues or malfunctions to the maintenance team or management for repairs.
- Communication and Collaboration: Maintain effective communication with supervisors, coworkers, and other team members to ensure smooth operations. Collaborate with different departments, such as production or shipping, maintenance, etc.
- Quality Control: Participate in quality control processes by inspecting materials for any defects, damage, or nonconformities. Notify the appropriate personnel of any issues and assist in resolving quality-related problems.
- Orderly Work Area: Maintain a clean and organized work area, including storage locations and aisles. Properly store materials and equipment to maximize space utilization and facilitate easy access.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to interact professionally with customers
- Ability to safely operate forklift
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates, act as a team player
- Ability to complete and comply with safety trainings
- Ability to operate a variety of additional machines (skid steer, loader, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
- One to two years of related experience
- Familiarity with basic hand tools and equipment used in metal recycling industry
- Preferred, not required
- Knowledge of different types of non-ferrous metals and their properties
- Preferred, not required
- Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the entire body. This will include balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to the elements of the environment: hot and cold, smells and noises unique to the plant.
- Must be able to operate machinery in all weather conditions and terrains.