Job Title: Fresh Cut Lead
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Produce Department Manager
The Fresh Cut Lead is responsible for working closely with all Fresh Cut associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches and reinforces Festival culture, exceptional guest service, and performance expectations to all Fresh Cut associates
- Assists with training new Fresh Cut associates
- Collaborates with the Fresh Cut Department Manager on the documentation of violations of company policies/procedures by Fresh Cut associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Fresh Cut department
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Department Manager and Fresh Cut associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees all sanitation within Fresh Cut department
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the department
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Guides Fresh Cut associates and provides guidance on career path development
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by sanitizing, organizing and cleaning work areas, and sales floor as needed
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a fast-paced environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; work in a cooler, walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift product. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
The Fresh Cut Lead is an hourly position. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.