Graduate Nurse Residency:
- All positions are Sign On Bonus eligible!
- This competitive Residency provides opportunity for a wide variety of nursing areas. While opportunities within certain nursing areas are limited and highly competitive, the Residency focuses on helping you become a successful nurse now and as you continue to pursue your long-term goals.
- Provides additional support and education as you begin your career. This Staff Nurse position is designed for all new nurses with 6 months or less experience.
- It’s never too early to apply! To keep you informed and provide transparency throughout the application process, the Recruitment Team will reach out after applying to notify you of the next steps and expectation of timelines.
- Again, we encourage you to apply today! Our Talent Team is ready to chat with you about finding your calling within SSM Health!
Pre-licensure graduate of an accredited nursing program who actively participates in SSM Health New Graduate Nurse Residency Program. Under the direction of RN, provides care to patients within scope of role and professional standards. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. Nurse Residents in the state of Oklahoma can perform responsibilities designated below (Oklahoma). Nurse Residents in Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri can perform all responsibilities listed.
Under the direction of the RN Preceptor:
- Performs delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing care activities for population served. Delegated specialized tasks may include anything for which training was received in the approved nursing program. In the state of Oklahoma, this does not include tasks/skills which must be performed by a licensed nurse.
- Performs patient assessments including biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient’s plan of care.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family education plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation (Oklahoma), including, but not limited to, the processing of physician orders, in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgement.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient care. (Oklahoma)
- Completes competency requirements satisfactorily. (Oklahoma)
- Completes training as required; seeks assistance and asks questions as needed to learn and understand role. (Oklahoma)
- As part of the SSM Health nursing department, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and care needs of our patients and our patient populations. (Oklahoma)
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner. (Oklahoma)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Oklahoma)
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required