The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders won Northwoods League Championships in 2018 and 2020, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders share ownership with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the High-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience. Our season begins in Mid-May and continues through Mid-August. Fond du Lac Dock Spiders interns receive a salary of $1,500 for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games along with working normal business hours. Each intern is considered to be a member of our leadership team in their area of focus and will gain valuable management skills.
Graphic Design/Social Media Intern
· Create and design marketing collateral, promotional/print materials, and various digital projects within specified parameters as assigned
· Manage all social media accounts while determining best practices for content creation and collection
· Create content for social media and video board while maintaining the Dock Spiders brand consistency
· Project responsibility encompasses overall layout, copy, proofing, etc.
· Work collaboratively to successfully coordinate all in-game entertainment and oversee game day staff stationed in the press box (PA, scoreboard, music, video board, official scorer)
· Manage the operation and maintenance of video board equipment (Venus & CrossFire)
· Shoot digital photos of players, fans, on-field promotions, sponsors, events, etc. while managing ongoing classification, archiving, and organization of photos
· Manage organization and classification for sponsor proof of performance reports
· Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite required; Mac Platform: Adobe Illustrator (including expertise with vector graphics), Photoshop, and InDesign
· Will be required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community
· Responsibilities will also include assisting other departments when requested or needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.