Gravure Imaging Technician
Apply Job ID 23587 Date posted Nov. 23, 2022
Location Lomira, Wisconsin
Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Offset plate / Gravure Cylinder Manufacturer is responsible for bending digital plates for all presses in a specific location, helping with daily and weekly processor maintenance. Processing gravure cylinders, General maintenance and cleanup of the production areas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Load and unload platemaking materials to and from equipment to bend all size plates for press
- Maintain platemaking equipment ( Including but not limited to daily and weekly processor maintenance, loading or trouble shooting errors.
- Check plates / Cylinders for Quality
- Track or move job components through production using Smart tools
- Cylinder stripping, plating, engraving
- Load & unload, store and retrieve gravure cylinders using automated Work in Progress (W.I.P.) & Long Term Storage (LTS) systems and overhead cranes following appropriate work instructions
- Misc production duties, including cleaning and inspecting cylinders
- General cleanup of the area ( 6’s )
- 1-3 months experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic working knowledge of computer systems used in Plate room (MAC OS/Windows OS & Imaging Job Control)
- Basic Mechanical skills
- Flexible Work schedules necessary to meet the production needs – shifts and locations may vary.
- Knowledge of Press layout configurations for example Saddle Stitch, Perfect Binding, Gatefolds, half and ¾ webs.
- Basic understanding for workflows and procedures in area
- Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, correspondence and present information when necessary
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace