Responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager in leading the total guest service operations, specifically during the afternoon and evening hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Festival Foods culture within the store
- Reinforces customer service and performance expectation to ensure execution of a great experience for associates and guests on a daily basis
- Responsible for assisting in developing associates
- Supervise all associates within the Guest Services Department
- Facilitates Bagger Training
- Assists in managing department productivity and labor daily to meet the need of the business while achieving target goals
- Ensure that all loss prevention policies and procedures are in effect at all times
- Responsible for maintaining all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year Grocery experience preferred with 6 months in a Customer Service Representative or equivalent leadership position
- Knowledge of customer service operations and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all associates
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills and the ability to lead a diverse team in a fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork skills with the desire and ability to educate and train others
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises
- Must be available to work 3-4 evenings each week (typically 12pm-8pm)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift product. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment. The ability to work outside assisting guests, monitoring associates and conditions for short periods of time is necessary.
The Guest Services Assistant Manager – PM is an hourly position.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we’re not simply selling groceries, we’re on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our “Boomerang Principle”–empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will “Bring the Customer Back”. We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.