Salary – $14.48 Hourly
Location – 50 N Portland Fond du Lac
Job Type – Part Time
A part time position that provides transportation to older adults or individuals with special needs. Transports completed in a timely and safe manner. Pick up and drop off passengers at designated locations. Assists passengers with getting on and off the bus. Ensures passengers, belongings and wheelchairs are secured safely.Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned as requirements change.
- Conducts Pre-Trip Vehicle Checklist.
- Must be courteous, respectful, and provide good customer service.
- Ensures passengers arrive safely at their designated location.
- Ensures the safe operation of vehicles and obeys all traffic laws.
- Maintains vehicle safety, cleanliness, and fuel levels.
- Follows route schedule to ensure all riders are on time to their appointment.
- Notifies appropriate county staff of vehicle maintenance needs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting programs and procedures.
- A demonstrated ability to empathize with agency clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to follow the County Owned Vehicle Policy.
- Ability to be friendly and courteous.
- No physical limitation that would impair mobility or restrict ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed, which may include early morning, evening, night and weekend hours.
- Ability to perform duties following verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to understand and comply with confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to work closely with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to complete daily record keeping accurately.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to obey all traffic laws while maintaining control of the vehicle.
Training, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment and continuous random drug and alcohol screen per Federal Regulation.
- Must pass Criminal background check, Traffic background check.
- Must complete an application and include a minimum of three references.
Fond du Lac County Requirements:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- A minimum of $250,000/$500,000 auto liability insurance coverage verified upon hire and at renewal by providing a copy of the declaration page of your policy from your insurance carrier
Not eligible for benefits