This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, overseeing the Men’s Tennis program in compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Scheduling contests (subject to administrative approval) and completing entry procedures and payment
- Organizing and executing practice schedules for the student-athletes according to NCAA Rules
- Arranging transportation to-and-from contests (with help from the Athletic Administrative Assistant) and securing drivers, as necessary
- Support and organize student-athletes during contests
- Provide strength and conditioning programs for athletes in-and-out of season
- Recruit and retain quality student-athletes in concert with the Admission’s Department and our recruiting support person within the Athletic Department
- Complete paperwork with student-athletes to ensure Marian University, NACC Conference and NCAA eligibility guidelines are met (with assistance from our NCAA Compliance professional on campus)
- Write and execute financially responsible budgets for the sports involved and complete financial paperwork in a timely manner
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Experience competing and/or coaching at the high school or collegiate level
- Strong oral, organization and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Head Coach, Men’s Tennis” in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.