This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by developing and maintaining a competitive intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse program within compliance of Marian University, the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Oversees all aspects of running an NCAA Division III Men’s Lacrosse program.
- Recruits academically qualified student-athletes for acceptance into Marian University within guidelines set by the University, conference, and NCAA. This includes identifying, evaluation, developing relationships, and initiating application submission.
- Develops and implements a program which includes monitoring academic progress in addition to athletic performance.
- Plan and organize in-season practice sessions. In addition, responsible for all coaching decisions during competition.
- Assists head strength & conditioning coach with strength and conditioning programs and provide skill instruction during season for competitive performance per sport.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of NCAA, conference, and University rules and regulations. Conducts program in compliance with NCAA and Northern Athletics Conference rules and regulations and Marian University athletic policies.
- Sets realistic roles and responsibilities of all assistant coaches in the program.
- Assists the Sports Information Director with statistics, press releases, media guide, and other publications.
- Assists in department fundraising activities.
- Organizes camps and clinics to promote the sport of lacrosse and also help create public interest and community involvement with the University.
- Plans all team travel including hotel reservations, ground transportation, and meal arrangements.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring the program budget under the direction of the Director of Athletics including purchasing team uniforms and equipment.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong ability to recruit student athletes in the context of NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Successful intercollegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Must have willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Must demonstrate great organizational skills in addition to writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, and superior leadership skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Head Coach, Men’s Lacrosse’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by September 14, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.