Fond du Lac
ADVOCAP, Inc., is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering
effective anti-poverty and self sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual to join our leadership team as our Head Start Director. Providing a quality Head Start Program in Fond du Lac and Green Lake Counties in Wisconsin is vital to our mission and growth results for low-income families and children.
- Lead and manage a multi-faceted child and family development program; ensure positive
developmental outcomes for 260 three and four-year old children each school year; and engage their low-income parents, other ADVOCAP programs, and the community, in achieving family and program results.
- Ensure a safe, educational, and nurturing environment for children in accord with established
Agency policies, Federal Head Start standards, and State daycare licensing requirements.
- Ensure consistent programming occurs in multiple locations.
- Provide for the continuous improvement of the program, the program policy council, and the skills of staff and middle managers.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a human services field with a minimum of 10 years of direct education/service experience, including five years in a top leadership role.
- Demonstrated successful leadership, management, and supervisory experience.
- Understanding of the causes and conditions of and potential solutions to poverty.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability and timely responsiveness.
- Strategic thinker with good planning and goal-setting skills.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Acceptable drug screen and comprehensive background check.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary in the $65,000+ range. ADVOCAP has an excellent benefit package. This full-time position will have access to health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and our employer-contribution 401k.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background
and desire for the position and include your salary history. Applications received by April 7, 2023, will receive primary consideration.
ADVOCAP Inc., Human Resources
PO Box 1108
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 920 927-9930