ADVOCAP, Inc is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering effective anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual who can build nurturing relationships with low-income families to identify barriers to self-sufficiency. This position will also establish goals for independence from public assistance, facilitate use of resources and serve as a source of support to families!
- Build nurturing relationships with low-income families
- Administer family assessments with the objectives of identifying barriers to self-sufficiency
- Establish goals to work towards independence
- Facilitate use of resources and serve as a source of support
- Work with the Family Development Team in securing full program enrollment at all times to include assisting with recruitment and registration of children into the Head Start program
- Promote and ensure child attendance in class and parent
attendance in activities and Policy Council meetings
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in human services or related field and/or a combination of degree or three years experience in a coaching or case management
- Maintain a professional relationship with Head Start families
- Represent ADVOCAP positively in the community
- Have multiple years of positive direct client service experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Hmong is desired but not required
- Ability to empathize with and articulate the needs and
circumstances of low-income families
- Physical/TB/drug screen require
- Reliable attendance and a professional work ethic
- Comprehensive background check required
SALARY & BENEFITS
This 36 hour per week full time position will work Monday—Thursday, with occasional Fridays. Starting pay is $20.29 per hour. This position will work a program year with summers off. This full-time position will have access to health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and our employer-contribution 401k.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications received by December 27, 2023, will receive primary consideration. Women, minorities and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply Submit a resume with a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications received by December 27, 2023, will receive primary consideration.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.