The Rosendale Brandon School District is seeking a highly qualified individual for a full-time High School Cross-Categorical Special Education Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This position consists of case managing, developing and implementing IEP’s for a variety of students with disabilities. Applicants must be certified or be eligible for certification to teach special education, grades 9-12 (Cross-Categorical and/or Learning Disabilities or Emotional Behavioral Disabilities is required).
- will possess a clear understanding of academic and behavioral decision-making modification strategies. This person will provide instruction and support within both the special education setting and regular education setting.
- will demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- have a strong knowledge of current special education instruction and assessment practices, the special education IEP/re-evaluation process and transition requirements.
- have knowledge of and successful experience implementing behavior management techniques and developing behavior intervention plans.
- will be expected to collaborate with a variety of staff, parents and community agencies and work in an inclusive/resource setting to meet the needs of students with various disabilities.
The SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER will develop and provide specialized instruction to meet the
unique needs of students with disabilities; evaluate and assess student progress against instructional objectives; follow state mandated due process procedures and functions as IEP manager to assigned students.
Reports to: Pupil Services Director
● Supervises the behavior of students in the classroom, throughout the school, and on educational trips
● Provides direction to teaching assistants assigned to the program
● Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional and behavioral goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP
● Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional accommodations or adjustments to
● Employs various teaching techniques, methods, and principles of learning to enable students to meet their educational and behavioral IEP goals
● Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals
● Works cooperatively with IEP team members and others in developing instructional goals and strategies
● Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student’s IEP
● Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations
● Provides direction, supervision, and assistance with evaluation of educational assistance as directed
● Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to parents and, as appropriate, to other staff
● Builds and maintains positive relationships with students, parents, and staff
● Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors
● Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records
● Participates in staff meetings, educational conferences, in service opportunities, workshops, and other trainings
● Performs other related duties as assigned
● Understanding of pedagogy and best practices in special education
● Desire to teach children with disabilities and ability to adapt to their developmental status
● Knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching of students with disabilities
● Knowledge and skill in working with children with ADHD, behavior and emotional disabilities
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills to manage student behavior
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high stress situations
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Creative analytical and problem solving skills
● Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology
● Bachelor’s degree in appropriate special education area required
● State certification in appropriate subject area required
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer or standing to teach
● Regularly reach with hands and arms
● Must be able to traverse classroom and adjust one’s tone and height, by bending or leaning, in order to teach each child, as well as lead students to safety in the event of an emergency
● Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (and/or up to adult size body weight with two or three person lift)
● Position can require some degree of physical interaction with students who have difficulty controlling
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, three letters of recommendation, transcripts, copy of license and district application for employment to Jessica Sinor-Vanne, Director of Pupil Services, email@example.com 200 S. Main St. Rosendale, WI 54974. Candidates may also apply through WECAN, however, a letter of application needs to be mailed or emailed to the above address. This employment opportunity remains open until filled and qualifies for a Sign-On Bonus.